Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"I'll be Home for Christmas..."

I know.....It has been way too long! 
I attribute this to the fact that I have been:
a) Overwhelmed with Christmas 

b) Fighting a yuck cold with absolutely no energy despite my long, ever-growing,  to-do list
c) Figuring out how to be in 2 places at once....found to be impossible
d) All of the above plus WAY more! 

This is the first Christmas Jeff and I will be able to spend together which I am SO SO SO excited about. However, this is the first Christmas that we will have to split family time and with that comes a little sadness. 

Although I feel like we have come up with the best possible solution with a strict time schedule to follow, it still is hard to not be in both places at once. We will spend the next few days traveling along I-10 and stopping in to celebrate along the way! I have decided to be okay with that as long as we get to see all of our families & hopefully a few friends. We may not be spending as much time as we would like at either place but we vow to do our best! We will get to see Noah, Ella, & Eli open Santa gifts and be there in time for Sanford lunch & presents. Can't complain too much... can we? Things could be worse! 

Jeff & I are exchanging gifts with each other in the morning (making our own Christmas) since we will be away from our house on Christmas morning. No, this is not ideal, but like I said earlier, we are making it the best we can!



Before I leave I wanted to share a sweet gift from 2 sweet friends: 


The candy is from a Sucre in New Orleans and it is almost too pretty to eat (although Jeff disagrees)! The bright colored box is all different flavored macaroons that are absolutely divine! They monogrammed the towels themselves and I LOVE them so much! They are hanging in the house as we speak. Thanks girls, you are just the best :) 


Wishing all of you happy & safe travels or non-travels (if you are lucky) this Christmas week!
xoxo
   Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment