Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

1/2 Anniversary

6 months ago I danced at my wedding...

What a great day it was!
I can't believe it has already been 6 months, it feels like 6 weeks. I know 6 months isn't long at all in the grand scheme of things but, I still feel like it is a mini-milestone worth mentioning. 
And to all of you out there who are laughing at the fact that we actually celebrated our 6 month anniversary, I promise to not commemorate every 1/2 anniversary. Due to my current job status, I am looking for anything to fill my days and evenings. 


We had a great, relaxing (because I did all the cooking ahead of time) evening together! I feel like nights like this will become less & less frequent as our lives get busier. It is so nice to have "just us" time while we are newlyweds! 


  For dessert, I had plans to light our first fire and make smores. Romantic..right? Well...gotta love Louisiana... it was no where near 45 degrees outside (as predicted). It was 75 degrees inside our home and we just couldn't light a fire with the a/c on.  Microwave smores just aren't the same.

Wine & Cheese spread...YUM!! 

Shrimp & Grit cakes - DELICIOUS! 
I also made crawfish cheesecake but it sadly wasn't as scrumptious and didn't photo as well so I decided to leave that out. The salad was pretty good but we ate it before we got a picture...sorry! 


Wish all of you could taste some of this food through the computer because I have TONS of leftovers!! 

xoxo, 
       Katie

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1/2 Anniversary!! I love the picture of you and Jeff dancing!! That food looks delicious...I might just have a 2nd breakfast this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete