Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"After" Photos

I know all of you have been anxiously awaiting the "after" photos of our home. Sorry for the delay...we are having camera problems. (A new camera will be on my NEED  list this week)
Due to the camera malfunction these were taken from Jeff's iphone so I apologize if the quality isn't that great. 
Here they are....hope this makes you want to come visit because it is so inviting  :) 

China cabinet should be full in a few weeks!! Shout out to Bare Wood Furnitures in Lake Charles who finished this hutch for me and it turned out exactly how I imagined (this rarely happens)! 
Call them for any custom pieces, they are great. 
  Window is an original creation by me! Has wedding photos and bible verses...one of my favorite wall pieces! 


Dining area...Table was a steal from Pier One and chairs purchased from Overstock.com. Bird table in the corner was a wedding gift that I LOVE! Bird plates from Pottery Barn. (Kind of obsessed with birds right now....)
Fall decor inspired by Pottery Barn, purchased from Hobby Lobby. I will show more of the fall decorations soon. 




















Couch & love seat- Memorial Day super sale purchase from Home Furniture.
 Pictures on wall- b-day gift from my besties. 
Rug- GREAT purchase from Sam's. 
Side table- $25 in the clearance room of a local furniture store.
 Lamp- wedding gift from Stine's.
Coffee table - hand me down from a sweet, wonderful family I babysit for. 


This TV stand was AWFUL- looked like it was from the 70's  but not in a good/vintage way. Purchased for $100 from Flea Market & with a little TLC it is like new or I guess I should say it is like old since that is what I was going for. 
 Jeff's leather recliner - a 2nd hand purchase from friends. They rocked all their babies in this chair and we hope to do the same one day. 

This is my "me" place. I don't know if you can see it in the picture but I have a tray that goes across the tub. It has a book holder and a wine glass holder. Jeff said if it had my monogram on it he would believe I had them create it just for me. 
P.S. I am obsessed with monograms, reading in the bath, & wine!

Our bedroom...the head board is an old door (AMAZING flea market find) didn't even have to re-paint it. Just has a coat of polyurethane on top and is mounted on 2- 2x4's. Bedding: compliments of Pottery Barn. Both side tables were flea market finds and lamps from Kirkland's. Still haven't done much on the walls in here because I can't decide what I want. 
To Be Continued... 

Well this is our little 1,500 sq. ft. that we call home. We love it so much and other than the fact that is is not in a city with all our friends and family, it is perfect. My main goal is to make everything feel homey. I want our guests to walk in, grab a blanket & a glass of wine and cuddle up on the couch. I want to entertain in here until I wear my dishes and serving ware out! Hope to have you all over soon :) 
xoxo, 
  Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment