Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Market

I have been busy getting ready for the Holiday Market hosted by BrFavoriteFinds in Baton Rouge this Wednesday!! 
My "business" is Libby Kate Designs. I have quotes around the word business because it is by no means a business but it is a dream of mine to have it be one day. It is named after my yellow lab, Libby, & Kate is short for Katie. Baby nursery decor is my favorite but the windows I have made will go anywhere in a home. I love gift giving so all of my items are perfect gift items. All are personalized, thoughtful, and of course everything can be monogrammed. Although it is scary to share with everyone my creations, I am ready to give this "business" thing a shot! This will be the first market I have participated in and the first time I will sell anything. I have only given them away as gifts. Hopefully they will be well received. Come by and see me this Wednesday if you can! 



Here are some of the items I will have for sale at the market! I have descriptions under them because it is hard to see the colors/patterns of the fabric. I will also be selling ornaments & custom personalized frames. I will try to post pictures of these items tomorrow. 


All of these picture below are old wooden windows that with a lot of sweat, hardwork, & TLC have turned into memo boards, cork boards, & chalkboards. They are custom made by me (and the hubby). As I have mentioned before, I always take on too much...this is a prime example! 
I didn't realize just how much work was ahead of me when I signed up for this, but I am so happy with the finished product. HUGE thanks to Jeff for his excellent carpentry work (he doesn't trust me with the skill saw quite yet, understandably so!)

These are the windows I will have with me on Wednesday...




Great Blue & Brown print - great for kitchen - Chalkboard at top















Terracotta, sage, golden yellow paisley print - 
also great for living space/kitchen, cork board at bottom

 Blue with brown & white floral design - Chalkboard at top

Primary color polka dots - great for playroom (gender neutral)
Cork board on right


















These 2 are both green & brown prints and would work anywhere
(Top) Chalkboard on bottom 
(Bottom) cork board on right




So Fun! Bright colored paisley print...
Would look great in a playroom!! 



These windows are the perfect way to display photos, post your kids' art work, or use them as a reminder board to keep your life in order! I can design a window to go in any room and would love custom orders! Just let me know what you like! They would be so cute as a memo board for a nursery...I even could put a big 3-letter monogram in the center of the fabric....precious! Would make a great gift for someone who has everything! 
Hope you like them! 
Please let me know if you would like your own! 
E-mail me at kcsanford8@gmail.com 

Hope to see you all Wednesday! 
xoxo, 
   Katie

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Katie!! I can't see the picsof your stuff...they aren't coming up for some reason on my computer...I will try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I was having problems with the photos but it should be working now....let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Good luck KT! So proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete