Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful List

I am the queen of lists. I literally make a list for everything. When I pack, I make a list. Most mornings when I wake up, I make a to-do list. I never go to the grocery store or Hobby Lobby without a list. I give a very specific list to Jeff for birthday/Christmas requests and I have a ever-running list of projects I would like to complete. 
So, being that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I felt it appropriate to make a "Thankful List" that acknowledges everything I am thankful for. 

My Thankful List: 
(In no specific order)
1. My wonderful husband - this is our first thanksgiving together (we have always celebrated with our own families) and I am so excited to eat turkey with him! 
2. Our new home 
3. My loving family - always supportive, always there
4. Luke & Libby 
5. My creativity- God given
6. My Freedom 
7. The precious Ella, Noah, Eli, & Cade- tiny blessings
8. Diet Coke 
9. The love of my God, who has blessed me so dearly I sometimes wonder why...
10. My amazing friends
11. Christmas music - my favorite!
12. The fact that I don't have to study for finals over "Thanksgiving break"
13. Gift giving/receiving season is around the corner
14. My warm bed- lying in it as I blog
15. 10-1...Geaux Tigers
16.Thankful this list is never ending...
Yes, I know some of these are shallow but I was being honest...no shame in that! 

I am the first to admit that I am not always as thankful as I should be I tend to be a tad dramatic sometimes and think I have it soooo bad. However, I am well aware that is not the case and I should be on my knees every night thanking God for this wonderful life He has given me. 

I leave you with this...
"Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name.
 For the Lord is good and His love endures forever;
His faithfulness continues through all generations."
                                          - Psalm 100:4-5

Hope you take time to be thankful today! 
xoxo, 
      Katie



2 comments:

  1. diet coke...lol...I am so thankful for that! I can't wait for my one a day :) Great list KT! Happy turkey day.

    ReplyDelete