Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Future Mr. & Mrs. Link

This weekend we celebrated the engagement of these soon to be newlyweds....
How adorable are they??? 
The Future Mrs. Link has been one of my best friends since we were 12. She and her future hubby have been dating since sophomore year of high school and are now going on a solid 6+ years of courtship. In the words of Beyonce, we were so excited when he FINALLY "put a ring on it!" (A beautiful one at that!!)

Everyone was asked to bring an ornament for the couple's Christmas tree. This is such a great idea!! What a great way to make your tree even more special?
 I wanted to make them something extra special, so...I attempted these stockings! I tend to always "bite off more than I can chew" and when I saw these stockings online I thought "I can make these!" Why I thought that? No clue, being that 7th grade Home-Ec class was the last time I used needle and thread. I borrowed my sister's sewing machine, went to Hobby Lobby and sat down at my table only to realize...I don't know how to sew. After some frustration and with a lot of help from my mother-in-law, I got them finished! They came out cute but are definitely not without flaw. Hopefully Santa doesn't fill them up with too much, I am not sure they can take it. 

As most young high school girls do, Brittney & I planned our weddings together before we were 16. Although the decor and dress choices have drastically changed, Brittney stuck with her choice of husband, which is something few can say!
She was right by my side through all of the planning and excitement of my wedding and I am so excited to be right by hers. I wouldn't have it any other way! Love you Brittney! 

xoxo, 
        Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment