Post Divider

Post Divider

Come in and stay a while!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Making our house a home

I don't know if any of you know this but... I am a bit of a control freak (moment to gasp.....) 
Anyways, because of my minor case of OCD (You say major, I say minor)  I was determined to get our house together and looking & feeling like a home a.s.a.p.
So...the minute we got back from the honeymoon, we hit the ground running.We repainted old furniture, printed & framed wedding & honeymoon pictures, landscaped, unpacked, organized, made a million Target, Hobby Lobby, Marshall's, Pier One, & Kirkland's  runs & got this house decorated!  Before you get too impressed, I had LOTS of help! (Thanks to Mom & Dad, Sarah & Ryan, Mrs.Eva & Mrs.Donna (my personal interior decorators), friends, & of course my lovely hubby!) We are so glad to now have people over without putting them to work :) 


So...I thought I had pictures when the house was completely empty to give you the full "before" experience but this is the best I could find.
These pictures were taken after all the big furniture was purchased and moved in. 
Still a lot of improvements were made and I can't wait to share them all with you tomorrow! We have family & friends who still haven't seen the house so I wanted to give them and all of you a glimpse into our new home...



Jeff hard at work putting together shelving...poor thing, he had a to-do list that was a mile long! Very sad walls and LOTS of wires showing!! 



Living room looking into the dining area & kitchen 



Very blank dining area wall. Don't worry, it gets covered!



This was taken while the previous owners lived in the house but I wanted to show it so you can see it before it was so beautifully landscaped!



Dining area


Our bathroom

Our bedroom


That is all the "before" pictures....stay tuned for the new and improved "after" pictures tomorrow!!
xoxo, 
   Katie

1 comment: